Wednesday, July 18, 2012

#120: Internship!

 I have been trying to find some time to squeeze this post in, and hey here I am! I will not write much, since I have piles of Reading Materials to be done and also a research and thesis to be read on for my Internship Project. But just in case you’re wondering what am I up to during the semester break, I am currently doing my internship with one of the best oil and gas service providers; Baker Hughes Inc. :) My heartfelt gratitude goes to Allah SWT, the most gracious almighty for giving me such blessed opportunity to experience 10 weeks of industrial training with such high established company in the oil and gas industry. Syukur Alhamdulillah :’)


I am assigned as the Technical Support Engineer Trainee in the Drilling Services Department, and based in Kuala Lumpur. Yeap, a Geology student that ended up in Engineering (I’ve got to be one really lucky girl!). Generally, what my department does is; we provide drilling operation for the oilfield industry and also, gather and evaluate downhole data of the oil well drilled. I am now currently doing this module on Wellbore Positioning, where they teach how to drill a well, how to calculate the well path and so on. More to discover! And I am very excited!

So far, my 3 weeks here have been just perfectly amazing. The engineers, manager, colleagues in my department are the coolest and they’re so friendly (AND NO ONE CAN EVER BE BETTER THAN THEM, THEY’RE THE BEST!) :D Can you imagine, my first week here, I have already been given a chance to attend an internal presentation for the clients in KL Convention Centre and mingle around with Engineers, Geologists and also Interns from Murphy Oil and Petronas. How lucky is that?! :D And this week, I get to follow our Technical Sales Manager to meet our client while having a karaoke session, YEAH KARAOKE. So cool please? :P And I have the best internship partners in the department; Sara Chong and Ritchie Lim, also Amrith Kaur from the Geoscience Department and also Aida Tahir from Drill Bits Systems. Amazing, wonderful people. Nicest supervisor, mentors and boss. I am crazy lucky. I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THE REST OF MY 7 WEEKS HERE! :’D 




Okay enough with the excitement. Got to finish up my piled up assignments and projects!




Loves, xx
Listening to: Sake by Jupiter

No comments:

Post a Comment