Saturday, May 26, 2012

#117: I wanted to run away with you;


Have you ever tried taking some days off from everything? Like away from the study stress, project mess, drama by the people surrounding you, and etcetera. Just away to somewhere, so you could gain back yourself, pick up broken pieces and put them back together. You might be surprised by how amazing those few days off could affect you. I actually took the opportunity to get myself away from everyone in the busy city, and get an escape to Tioman Island; at one of their less attractive tourism spot of small island (island mainly for diving and fieldwork purposes). The tranquillity and calming environment was just way too amazing, I actually work better after those days off.

Took more than half a week off from 10th May til 13th May (Happy Birthday Syahira!!). Started the journey around 11pm to the jetty in Pahang. Instead of using the new highway, we took the old route with lesser cars. Driving late at night over long talks was most probably the best stress releaser ever, especially after my rough week. After 5 hours of driving, we arrived at the jetty and decided to sleep in the car while waiting for the first ferry service at 11am. We continued our long very random conversation and the most random thing ever happened  when a “Natasya, your eyes are beautiful, they’re….. brownnnnn!” popped out when I opened my sunglasses. Silly guy always have random things to say hahaha. Anyhow, we then took the ferry (which was one really long and boring ride that I actually fell asleep). Well, me being a city girl, I was all excited when I saw how bluish green the sea water is in Tioman! I just hop like a little girl and twirl around in excitement. But unfortunately.. I must say that I did not get to do much there since (I’m sorry, I do not know any better or proper way to say this but..) my period decided to give me a visit. Yeap. So, I spent my days inside the room, finishing my fieldwork reports. I am one sad case child. HAHAHAHAHA. But hey, the days there were fun because I get to sleep all day and well, the night sessions were just breathtakingly amazing. Thanks for giving me this mind peace chance ;) This trip is as good as Weezer’s Island In The Sun and Yuna’s Lullabies.

Anyways, my point is, stop from whatever you’re doing and go out, take some time off. No point stressing yourself out and losing yourself. Take a break, regain your mojo and enjoy life :)




Loves, xx
Listening to: Lullabies by Yuna


No comments:

Post a Comment