Wednesday, November 14, 2012

#126: This is not a “I Love You” Post.





“You can miss all how the things used to be, or you can appreciate how good things are right now.”



Do you know why I like you? Because you are my friend. I just like you the most. Because you’re my best, fun friend, who I enjoy hanging out with and who I like talking to and listening to. The excitement of meeting you is like the joy of having iced soda on a hot day, kicks in my head so hard with happiness.

I like you because I make you laugh with my strangest acts and you make me laugh so hard with the way you react towards my acts. That face of “ohmygod, you’re a bimbo, please shut up now” that you throw on me every time I say something that doesn’t make sense. That “I don’t get your logic... that’s not logical” acts you rub on my face every time I try to explain myself out of my bimbo thoughts.

I like you because it is so easy and comfortable and I can be myself when I’m around you. I can easily express myself. I don’t have to act all pretty. I can do all sort of ugly faces when I’m with you and you will still find me not abnormal hahaha. With you, I can say whatever I feel and you will not judge me. The best part is that you’ve seen me during my worst and also when I’m at my best, and surprisingly, you’re still there for me!

I like you because you are one of the strangest people I’ve ever known. Your little acts that you do, your little subtle gestures. I like how you smile that your jaw is so obvious. Those pretty row of teeth. Those squinty eyes of yours when you laugh. Your taste towards something. Your good style sense.


I like you because when I’m about to fall asleep, you’ll pull me in nearer to you and put my head on your shoulder or thighs and play with my hair and kiss my forehead. I feel so close to you, yet so comforting. I like your soft gestures of playing with my face and hair with your hands. They’re so subtle that I could feel the softness brushing through me, into my soul.


I like you because although you’ve seen me wake up with such horrible look on me but you still grab me and hug me. It feels good every time I take a nap or sleep (most of the time in your car), and when I wake up, you’re the first thing I see. Your shoulder is the best pillow. It feels like home, so comfortable and safe. I like how you slowly kiss my forehead and grab me for a little hug after I wake up.


I like you because I don’t know why but you love listening to me talking about my most random stories and thoughts. Although sometimes I talk crap and rubbish like something that doesn’t exist at all, but you’re still there enjoying whatever I have to say. You’re never tired listening to my same, boring, dramatic stories over and over again. You don’t get bored of me talking ever, that once you made me your radio.

I like you because when I’m feeling so rough, you will annoyingly repeat a “Are you okay?” although you know that I’m not okay. I don’t even have to say that I’m not okay, and you already know it. You’ll do anything to make me feel better. And it is also because you always have faith in me, you always believe that I will somehow be successful in whatever I do. You will just shake me off from my annoying, stupid paranoia over small, petty things. You also always continuously give me such good advices especially when I’m losing my other friends around me. Your words are so wise, that I could never thought of.


I like you because you know all the right words to make me blush and be mad at you for being annoyingly cute. You’ll just say something that will make me go mad just so you could laugh at the way I react to you, and then will pull me in and give me a cute apology hug and kiss. You also know how to compliment me in all the right ways and words, and just scream to my face to make sure I know that you think I’m pretty.


I like you because you are my matured person, you will always think about something with full sanity and maturity. And I can be a kid when I’m with you, like a little girl. I am usually the matured one among my friends, but when I’m with you, I’ll be the playful one, and you’ll be the serious one. I like how you make me feel like a weak kitten and will feel smitten by all your matured, protective acts towards me.


I like you because you will hold my hands, put your fingers in between mine, every time we talk. I like how our hands fit one another like pieces of puzzle that fit one another. I like it when your fingers brush onto mine slowly, and you tighten your grip - the warmth of it, through your fingers, gave me a sense of belonging. I feel so close to you. I like the idea of you pulling me closer to you when we walk while holding hands, and I will get my other hand to grab your arm so I could lean even closer to you. And you will tuck me in even closer to your chest, even if it’s in public.


I like you because you will never let me win when we argue on something. I have always won in any arguments, but with you; I will never win, and the best part is I love the feeling of losing to you. I like the challenge that you throw to me, especially when I know I’m losing and I can’t do anything about it. It softens my competitive side – just what I’m looking for. When I’m annoyed with you, I’ll slap you across your arms and pinch you. But you still laugh to it.


I like how you will just stare at me without saying anything. When I first enter your car, I like it when you just pause for a few minutes just to look at me, stare at me; and I will pretend as though I did not realize it, but inside I’m just screaming “ohmygod, oh no you did not!!” while blushing away. And how at random times, you will just stare at me and do nothing but smile.


I like you because when we hug, I could put my head against your neck, taking a sniff of your scent. You have the best combination of body odour and scent of your body shower/perfume – best smell ever! Those scent just blend in with just the right amount to make me fall into your dream. Your neck is as soft as cotton candy; I could just put my face against it all day long. I like how we’re on escalator, and you’ll stand behind me to hug me from the back and how you give me soft kisses on my head. It made my blood rush through my whole body, and made me hard to breathe over joy.


Even when I just entered your car, I’ve already begun to miss you. I don’t want to waste a single second when I’m with you. You’re my favourite person to hate, because even when I hate you, I still always already like you.

I’ve never said any of this to you because I’m scared to death that doing so would destroy whatever we’re having right now and remove you from my life completely, and that’s that absolute last thing I want to happen. I’d rather be miserable, and jealous, and sad, and still be friends. Because when I am with you, I forget that I’m miserable, jealous, and sad.



*Credits to TheThoughtCatalog for the idea and inspiration :)





Loves, xx
Listening to: Angels by The XX





No comments:

Post a Comment