Thursday, November 15, 2012

#127: Melaka Roadtrip!




Melaka ‘Venice’ River, our hotel scenery!

When you have the money, the time and the best friends… what do you do? OF COURSE A ROAD TRIP! :D


I have always picture my ideal getaway from university life stress as a short road trip to somewhere near, rare, local and random with my loved ones, trying out new stuffs, new taste that tingles our taste buds, camwhoring around with such beautiful architectures, walking around enjoying sceneries (and also the blazing hot sun) that are way different than those in KL. And yes, that is exactly what I had 2 days back with Suzanna (Gong), Marlysa and Annishka. Although not all of my besties are around to join, but it was amazing, as always.

We only spent one night and one day in Melaka but we did everything that we wanted in our checklist! We arrived in Melaka around 5pm on Friday, picked up Annishka at Melaka Manipal Medical College and we looked around for a hotel in Jonker Street (yeap crazy I know! We did not even book a room in advance and took the risk to look around for one on that day itself). Managed to get a room at this place called Voyage Cottage Lodge in Jonker Street itself. It’s a budget hotel with such cute vintage cottage theme :) And the best part of our room is… it is facing the Melaka “Venice” River and vintage buildings of Melaka! Ohh such beautiful scenery, with such pretty vintage “Istanbul-like architecture” windows, aaahhh perfect! Can you imagine waking up to such?!! Breathtaking :)



So, following the suggestions of our Melaka friends, we went out hunting the famous Melaka Asam pedas for dinner (wanted to go for Ikan Bakar Umbai, but I had that before, so yeah). As ever, the best directions reader here *ekhem, me yeah hahaha*, we finally get the chance to taste the Asam Pedas at Mona Asam Pedas in Kota Laksamana! Met Abang Redzuan and also my matrics bestie; Ajaq there! Then, we went for a walk at Jonker Street, and yes the night market there was super awesome! Managed to get my favourite Melaka Egg-shaped Sherbet Ice-Cream and also the famous Jonker Cocktail in glass bottle. Did few shopping and oh my goodness, I love that street of The Geographer. Open Pubs everywhere, with 90’s songs blast, foreigners drinking on tall wooden designed chairs and tables, such laid back atmosphere. Exactly what I was yearning for all this semester!

Asam Pedas Mona, Kota Laksamana

Favoruite Sherbet at Jonker Street Night Market!

The streets of pubs; behind us is the famous The Geographer!

Casa del Rio's Toilet - World Class Toilet with free hand soap, moisturizer and also mouth wash + hand towel!


The next morning, we decided to walk around Jonker Street again and Bandar Hilir. This is actually my second time in Jonker Street (first was last year with my coursemates), and that place still fascinates me! :) Started our day with having local nasi lemak with dry sambal at this place called Calanthe Art Café. The deco is inspired by vintage Hawaiian cafes. The food sangat sangat sedaaaap, so does the coffee! I brought back a few coffee bags hihii. Such vintage atmosphere soaked into me and I’m all hyped up to walk around for more than 3 rounds :D We did more shopping and also of course a lot of taking pictures, and trying all of the local peculiar dishes and desserts. We also enjoyed going into museums and digging the local histories. We also managed to watch this puppet theatre of Laksamana Cheng Ho! Aaaahhh the histories are beautiful. Definitely my ideal getaway. We then head out and drove all the way to Perigi Hang Li Po for the Asam Pedas paling sedap in Melaka at Lot 85! Yesss, taste exactly like nenek’s :D Then, we went to Pasar Besar Melaka and also Mahkota Parade to taste the one and only Nadeje’s famous French Crepe. Sedaaaap sangat the crepes, you all should try! Lastly, before we head back to KL, we drove all the way to Klebang Beach just to get the famous Coconut Shake yang digilai ramai tu ;) Managed to enjoy the sunset and coconut shake :D


Nasi Lemak with Dry Sambal at the Calanthe Art Cafe in Jonker Street


Cheng Ho Puppet Theatre






Tea Break at Nadeje - famous tasty French Crepes!

Klebang Beach for sunset!


Can you tell? I am such a happy girl. Days well spent with my best friends for life. I cannot ask for a better trip! Now I’m back at home, trying to adjust myself to my new routine of morning jog and swim every day, yeap every single day of this mid semester break. Prepping myself up for this Charity Recycle Run that I signed up for in university. YEAAAHH that old, charitable 15 year old Tasya is back, everyone.

Til then, have a great day ahead, readers :)




Loves, xx
Listening to: Pumped Up Kicks by Foster The People

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I wonder how to get to Klebang Beach from Jonker street. Can you suggest me the best way to get there? :)

    www.missnidy.com

    ReplyDelete